Monday, May 14, 2007

New JobS aka Goodbye Caribou!

If you didn't already know:

1. I got a new job
2. I got another new job
3. I quit my old job.

My first new job is with Juice, for those of you not from Des Moines it's a weekly newspaper/magazine that is put out by the Des Moines Register. I basically go around and take photos of people having fun. So it's pretty easy, pretty fun and it lets me meet new, drunk people all the time.

My second new job is with the One Campaign, http://www.one.com, you may have seen the white bands around already, if all goes well it will be just as popular as the yellow ones. I will be working with them from now through January. I basically will be travelling around Iowa to all different political and nonpolitical events and taking photos and talking to people about One. So it not a permanent job but it gives me the opportunity to make a ton of connections and hopefully land something full time after I'm done with it, plus it helps me feel good about myself at the end of the day.

The cool thing about both of these jobs will be that I can keep you updated with photos that I'm taking through the duration of these and you can tell me if you like them or hate them or just think they are boring. Be honest, I can't learn if you candy-coat.


Papa Roach at LazerFest on Sunday, May 13


A kid with a sweet mohawk at the Papa Roach show

1 comment:

Charlie Litchfield said...

I dig it! Glad to see your shooting again! Keep it up, I've gotta see more!